Do you feel completely at home in an Agile team and are you keen to help develop solutions for complex IT issues? Are you a software developer with in-depth know-how of and experience with Java and Linux and do you enjoy all things related to the high-tech world? Then you are just the person we are looking for!
To expand our Software Development team in Hengelo we are looking for an Agile Java Developer with know-how of Java and Linux. As Agile Java Developer at Altran, you will be involved in the entire software lifecycle and will work in a high-tech environment. You will have the most up-to-date technologies at your disposal and will also be involved in the final result of your work and product. Furthermore, in your role as Agile Java Developer, you will have room for personal development and creativity.
What will you be doing?
As Agile Java Developer, you will be a member of a multidisciplinary Agile team, programming one minute and carrying out automatic testing the next. Because you work on the product throughout its entire lifecycle, you will see the final result of your work and will be involved in its integration.
Who are you?
- You are a decisive Agile Java Developer who has completed your higher professional education (HBO) or university education programme (WO)
- You are a T-shaped professional (a problem solver in your own discipline but with boundary-crossing competencies enabling you to interact with and understand specialists from other disciplines and functional areas) with sound experience with Java and Linux
- Candidates with experience with XML, Python, TCP/IP Networking will be given preference
- You are familiar with Puppet and Ansible
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum and feel comfortable working in such environment
- You are familiar with the terms ‘virtualization’ and ‘DevOps’
- You are very flexible and adapt easily in changing environments
- You have a category B driving licence
What are we offering?
- A challenging job in the east of the Netherlands
- The opportunity to help set up our new office in Hengelo
- An open-ended contract, a salary in accordance with market conditions and a lease car
- An individual and a collective bonus
- Extensive training and educational opportunities
- The opportunity to share your experiences, know-how and expertise with other enthusiastic IT specialists in related disciplines at various types of get-togethers such as Technology Group C++ knowledge sessions, courses and workshops.
- An innovation budget and access to our state-of-the-art Innovation LAB, which is fitted out with equipment such as an oscilloscope, a 3D printer and a laser cutter, where you can start up your own hobby projects with other team members
- All kinds of outings, social get-togethers, pizza sessions and LAN parties
The moment you join Altran, we jointly draw up a plan for your future. We base this plan on both your short and long-term objectives, bearing in mind the wide range of courses and training available at our own Altran Academy. Projects are subsequently sought for you that are in line with your preferences and wishes. Your Team Manager will be the one to coach you and ensure that you are on the right track and that your career is progressing. When you are between projects and waiting for a new challenge, you can join one of our internal teams and help develop ‘Altran solutions’.