Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality area, under the TEC-EFA - Antennae & Sub-mm Waves Section. His/Her duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Antenna measurement laboratory activities as required;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both longand short-term needs;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise;
What you will bring
- Master's degree or equivalent qualification together with at least 4 years' experience in related field;
- Experience in TT&C and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space.
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
- Industrial experience in antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space is a major asset.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.
For more information about the position, or other questions you can get in touch with Sara Sacco by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +39 06 45 22 43 01