Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate will operate as AOCS Engineer in the Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality Directorate of ESA. The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
Definition and implementation of AOCS (Attitude and Orbit Control Systems) for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories. The functional support provided to these projects (e.g. Sentinel, Earth Care, MTG, Alphasat, Small GEO, Galileo, GAIA, Solar Orbiter) includes:
- Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR, …).
- AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets).
- Review of AOCS SW implementation.
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support.
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results).
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP).
- Support to in-orbit analysis.
- Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D: High Accuracy Pointing, Generic AOCS Architecture & Building Blocks, Innovative AOCS & FDIR Solutions including prototyping and tools development.
- Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s.
- Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing).
- Maintenance, development and set-up of AOCS simulation tools.
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
What you will bring
- The ideal candidate has a Master's degree in Engineering, proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, and gained minimum 4 of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity;
- Background experience in AOCS Design;
- Validation and Testing as well as AOCS HW procurement;
- Exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from Phase A to Phase E is an asset.
- For this position, a work permit for The Netherlands is required.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field