What will you be doing?
In recent years, high-tech industries in the Netherlands have been pushing the limits of technology. Everything has to be faster, smaller, more mobile and more efficient. Altran makes this complex situation more manageable for clients by modelling these challenges. Applied modelling has an essential role in this. Altran is the absolute specialist in the Netherlands in the field of software system modelling. We do so at a highly abstract level to reduce the complexity of systems, to raise the quality of the software and to shorten development times and make them more predictable. As Applied Software Model Engineer, you will help us achieve our ideal of the complete uncoupling of the software and functional domain, whether this is for motion control applications in large machines, for traffic flows in tunnels or for placing containers in port terminals. We will work together on these projects, using state-of-the-art tooling and the right analytical skills, to reach a successful outcome.
What do we expect of you?
- A completed higher professional (HBO) or university education (WO) with a relevant scientific profile
- Demonstrable experience in software development in Java
- The ability to think analytically and specialized technical know-how
- You think in terms of models, connections and abstractions
- A good object-oriented background (preferably with C++ or Java)
- You know what design patterns are and how to use them in software models
- You get a kick from challenges.
If you do not meet all the requirements above but do have sound C++ experience, we challenge you to come for an interview with one of our applied software model engineers!
What are we offering?
The opportunity to work for a global leader in the field of innovation and high-tech engineering with an enormous portfolio of clients and fascinating projects together with colleagues who enjoy innovation just as much as you do.
We are also offering:
- An open-ended contract, a salary in accordance with market conditions and a lease car
- An individual and a collective bonus
- Extensive training and educational opportunities at the Altran Academy
- The opportunity to share your experiences, know-how and expertise with other enthusiastic IT specialists in related disciplines at various types of get-togethers such as knowledge sessions, tailor-made courses and workshops
- An innovation budget and access to our state-of-the-art Innovation LAB
- All kinds of outings, social get-togethers, pizza sessions and LAN parties
Altran is all about innovation. We provide innovative answers to the big challenges of today. Would you like to work for a global market leader in innovation and high-tech engineering? If the idea of working with our clients, creating and developing new products and services appeals to you, apply via the button below or contact Judith van der Mey via firstname.lastname@example.org without delay.