Working on the challenges of tomorrow!
Are you passionate about the design of cars, trucks and commercial vehicles? Do you dream of bringing more innovation into the automotive industry? Are you driven by getting the best out of yourself and your colleagues? Then join the Body & Trim department of Altran NL and contribute to our ambition to become the leading engineering department for the automotive industry within Altran Global.
We are looking for candidates with a Body (BIW) design background from the automotive industry, with a sound knowledge of automotive systems and processes. This role will suit you, if you are looking to contribute with your thorough experience, further develop your skills within a friendly atmosphere where your career development is strongly supported.
What will you do?
- Provide expertise within your area of knowledge during project acquisition and initiation.
- Perform realistic concept studies within your area of expertise taking in consideration surrounding boundaries and manufacturability.
- Create technical requirements and documentation according to stakeholder expectation.
- Develop first class technical designs and solutions to assigned projects
- Plan and secure development verification and testing plans
- Prepare design for industrialization and production.
- Responsibly follow up and maintain your technical designs post project.
- Provide customers and cross functional organizations with engineering solutions, technical guidance, and support.
- Liaise with other engineers and project architects in order to ensure the maximum optimization of the overall design.
- Leading and supporting less experienced engineers.
- Maintaining contact with internal/external stakeholders, suppliers, legal bodies etc.
- Close cooperation with prototyping, testing facilities to optimize construction.
What do you bring?
- or MSc. degree in Automotive Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with Body (BIW) design within the automotive industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Body (BIW) materials and their properties.
- Very strong knowledge of design engineering tools (DFMEA / GD&T / DFA / CAE / Design Reviews).
- Long experience with DFSS methodologies.
- Skilled with 2D/3D CAD packages such as AutoCAD, Catia, and/or Siemens NX.
- Strong organizational qualities, quality mind-set, analytical thinking and stress resistance.
- Exemplary team player and a conditioned decision maker.
- Top notch communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and preferably Dutch.
- You are an EU-citizen, or you have a permanent residence in The Netherlands
What do we offer?
- A permanent contract and a market-based salary.
- A variable bonus plan.
- Company car or mobility budget.
- Extensive internal training and development programs.
- Working for the greatest companies in the automotive industry.
Altran Engineering is the automotive and maritime business division of Altran. It provides services in the areas of engineering, development, simulations and calculations, prototyping, testing and validation, homologation and vehicle armouring. As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.
Our Engineering division is dedicated in achieving one single goal: the delivery of technical excellence.