Do you have experience with realizing PLC installations and do you have a big passion for technology? Is Siemens PLC (S7, TIA Portal) your main expertise and are you eager to work with or learn more about DeltaV (DCS)? Then join our team of Automation Engineers and make the next step in your career!
Why we are looking for you
As an Automation Engineer you will join our Managed Service Team, which consists of several software automation engineers and designated project leads. Your role is to support challenging system automation initiatives and provide engineering design within the pharmaceutical industry. Primarily you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of these automation systems by utilizing Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA), and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
What you do as an Automation Engineer
- Responsible for the application of advanced automation engineering principles in the design, specification, construction, startup, and validation of process equipment and systems for capital projects of moderate scope.
- Work directly with and communicate to scientific and operational staff to help translate process requirements into automation and engineering design.
- Lead technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, and troubleshooting on process control issues related to electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Design and test of newly installed and currently installed automation based process equipment.
- Support new product introductions or new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- Work on new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard automation technical principles.
What you will bring
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 3 years of experience as an automation/PLC engineer or a similar position
- Experience with PLC Siemens (S7, Tia Portal) and/or DeltaV DCS Systems
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry is very nice to have
- Knowledge of GAMP and/or other pharmaceutical regulations and principles is very nice to have
- You are a team player and like to develop yourself more in skills and knowledge by training/coaching and working on innovative, technically challenging complex projects
- Strong verbal and writing skills in Dutch and English
What we offer you
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A variable bonus plan
- A lease car or mobility budget
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- A yearly personal innovations budget
- An InnovationLAB, completely facilitated by Altran, where you can work on your own creations, alone or together with colleagues with the same interests
Also read what our colleagues say about Altran.
Altran is the global leader in R&D and engineering consulting. In more than 20 countries we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. Innovation is our guiding principle, with which we lead in a world where change is a constant factor. In The Netherlands we bring the most complex and innovative projects of our customers to life too. More than 800 consultants use their expertise every day to improve the performance of our customers. We can proudly say that we are the go-to partner in the field of technical innovation and process improvement.