Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Dependability and Safety Support Engineer in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality area. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
- Technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and participation in safety reviews
- Support preparation and preliminary assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc)
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (scouting, Research Fellowship, NPI etc.)
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS Toolbox
- Support preparation of training courses and materials
What you will bring
The ideal candidate has a Master's degree in Engineering, proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, and gained minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations.
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification" and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
- For this position, a work permit for The Netherlands is required.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.