Working on the challenges of tomorrow!
Are you passionate about the design of ships, Yachts and commercial vessels? Do you dream of bringing more innovation into the maritime industry? Are you driven by getting the best out of yourself and your team? Then join the Dutch maritime department of Altran Engineering in Helmond and contribute to our ambition to become a market leading engineering partner in Europe.
As a Designer you will play an integral role in providing technical drawings, to be used by the production team in order to continue delivering the highest quality super Yachts. We are seeking a candidate with previous design experience in the maritime industry, with a sound knowledge of marine systems. This role would suit you, if you are looking to further develop your skills within a friendly atmosphere and where your career development is strongly supported.
What will you do?
- You make the general fabrication drawings.
- You set up engineering models and drawings for use in the production yard.
- You perform general engineering calculations and have a good knowledge of marine systems.
- You liaise with other designers and naval architects in order to ensure the maximum optimization of the overall yacht design.
- You undertake trainings for any new relevant skills that you need.
What do you bring?
- Experience and knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD packages as AutoCAD, Solid works, Siemens NX, CATIA and Nupas Cadmatic.
- A good knowledge of Yacht production techniques and processes.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You have a relevant University, Higher or Intermediate Vocational Studies degree.
- If you have an understanding of the CNC process, it would be an advantage.
What do we offer?
- A contract of a year, with the possibility of a permanent contract.
- Extensive internal training and development programs.
- Working for the greatest companies in the maritime industry.
The Maritime division of Altran Engineering consists of 85 + professionals. We are highly involved in various projects and operate within various engineering disciplines such as: Structural, Mechanical/Piping, Outfitting, and interior/exterior design. Our responsibility lies in the range from concept phase all the way to industrialization phase. This in close collaboration with customers, Project Managers, Design, Purchasing, and Work Preparation departments. Due to the high specifications that advanced ships have to meet, projects have to be carried out by multidisciplinary teams and have to satisfy the increasingly more challenging demands of our customers. Our Maritime division is dedicated in achieving one single goal: the delivery of technical excellence.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply by pressing the yellow button and upload your CV cover letter!