Working on prestigious marine projects!
Are you an experienced electrical engineer with a keen interest in the naval industry and do you want to contribute to one of the biggest projects in shipbuilding of this moment?
As an experienced engineer in the field of electrical engineering, you will be involved from the very first phase until the execution phase of the project. Performing design proposals and calculations, and during the execution phase in a team of engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering deliverables. You will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
Your responsibilities are:
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design;
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality;
- Compose technical/functional specification documents;
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors;
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department;
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer;
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers;
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract;
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project;
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design and installation of complex electrical systems;
- Experience and extensive knowledge of electrical installations for ships, offshore or industrial installations;
- Solid experience in the design of (HV) Power Distribution Systems;
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliancy;
- Experience in Good Engineering Practices (GEP) and class-regulated products;
- Ability to work with different stakeholders e.g. third-party vendors and subcontractors;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, German (written & verbal) is a big plus;
- Due to the nature of the activities (in the Naval domain) security restrictions apply, therefore this position is open to EU passport holders only.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary, a lease-car or mobility package;
- 25 holidays;
- Internal training and development programs;
- The opportunity to work for the major companies in the maritime industry.