Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Electromagnetics Engineer in The Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
Functional Support in EMC engineering to Agency’s Projects throughout all phases of Project life cycle. This includes:
- Definition and assessment of EMC requirements at both System and Equipment level.
- Definition and assessment of EMC test and verification procedures of spacecraft equipment and systems.
- Electromagnetic and circuital analyses.
- Review, analysis and assessment of EMC test results, EMC non-conformances and Request for Waivers.
- Witness EMC tests and perform tests in the TEC-EPE EMC lab.
- Troubleshooting activities for spacecraft equipment and system exhibiting electromagnetic interference.
- Active participation to Spacecraft or payloads Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Flight Acceptance Reviews (FAR).
What you will bring
- PhD or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Background and experience in EMC as well as Lab testing for EMC;
- Expertise in EMC analysis and testing through industrial experience;
- Expertise in using Matlab for data processing and evaluation;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently, good communication skills.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A variable bonus plan
- A mobility budget
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- A yearly personal innovations budget