Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Documentalist in The Support to Business Management & Administration Directorate of ESA. His/her duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
- Gathering of deliverable documents from the Project Industrial Consortium, Principal Investigators, Technical Officers and in-house experts;
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services as needed;
- Handling confidential and export controlled information (e.g. ITAR) and access rights of users with respect to these deliverables;
- Provide assistance in documentation handling to the Project Scientific Institutes / Principal Scientists Teams and supporting users in retrieving documents from sources like Eclipse, FTPs;
- Build up and maintenance of the Project document registration/filing system, acting as a point of contact for all the Project interfaces for documentation/administrative tools;
- Create all reviews platforms in a specific tool as Eclipse (e.g. PDRs, CDRs…);
- Coordinate the setup of various internal and external file exchanging platforms (e.g. FTP);
- Support to enhancements of the document management system and concepts, and of future improvements;
- Provision of support to the Project Control and Product Assurance Sections in the processing of RfDs, RfWs, DCRs, DCNs, CCNs, keeping track of them and providing overviews;
- Provision of various logistic and administrative support to the Project;
- Preparation of memo’s and letters in support to the Project.
What you will bring
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated sound experience with a documentation management system, the setup of project reviews and the setup of the documentation exchange system between multiple entities (ESA, industry, scientific institutions…)
- Experience in all the implementative phases of a mission, composed by multiple international interfaces; such experience in a Scientific mission is a definite asset;
- Experience in the administration and documentation management matters for launch campaign, previous participation in at least one launch campaign is an asset;
- The candidate shall have the clearance to handle export controlled documentation (e.g. ITAR) and have sound experience in handling confidential and export controlled documentation;
- The candidate shall have also experience in the support of the logistics and administration of a Space Project
- Proficiency in MS Office packages
- The candidate shall be highly organized, with attention to details and be able to efficiently work under pressure and stringent schedule
- The candidate shall demonstrate excellent communication skills, have distinctive customer focus and be a strong team player
- General interest in and good understanding of technical, programmatic and policy issues of ESA Scientific programs.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A variable bonus plan
- A mobility budget
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- A yearly personal innovations budget