The candidate we are looking for will operate as Innovation Management Officer in the Technical Support to Human Space Flight & Exploration Division of ESA. The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The Strategy and Innovation team integrates the overall ESA space exploration strategy, supports the preparation of future space exploration missions, implements actions aimed at integrating space exploration into the society and promoting global cooperation as well as develops and implements a comprehensive innovatMion plan for space exploration. The innovation plan aims in particular at commercializing services or products in support of utilisation of ISS and future research platforms in Low Earth Orbit as well as missions to Moon and Mars.
Under the direct authority of the Lead of the Strategy and Innovation Team, the Innovation Manager is responsible for developing and managing assigned commercial partnerships and implementing actions aimed at promoting commercialisation of elements of the European Space Exploration Envelope Programme.
What you will do
- Supporting the implementation of the end-to-end process for soliciting, maturing and evaluating the commercial partnership;
- Developing, in close liaison with the commercial partner and all relevant ESA internal organizational units, the project implementation plan for the commercial partnership governing activities conducted during the pilot phase;
- Coordinating the implementation of technical and programmatic reviews conducted during the pilot phase;
- Ensuring close coordination with all organizational units supporting the technical evaluation and maturation of the commercial partnership, consistent with the commercial partnership project implementation plan;
- Coordinating the socio-economic impact assessment of the commercial partnership;
- Supporting the implementation of the ESA internal Integrated Project Review;
- Developing the review dossier for the Commercial Partnership Evaluation Panel;
- Managing the overall implementation of the commercial partnership and coordinating and monitoring all ESA internal support provided and procurements initiated in support of the commercial partnerships;
- Identifying and assessing opportunities for advancing objectives of ESA programmes through the utilisation of commercial partner services for applications, science and research, technology demonstration and education;
- Coordinating the overall ESA utilisation of commercial services provided by selected commercial partnerships;
- Monitoring the implementation of the commercial partnership and developing inputs for annual status report to the PB-HME;
- Acting as secretary of the commercial partnership governance board.
What you will bring
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in engineering, a scientific discipline and/ or business administration;
- Good knowledge of the European and international space exploration policies, plans and programmes;
- Demonstrated experience in structuring partnerships and track record of successfully implemented marketing campaigns;
- Outstanding skills in innovation and creativity, system and broader business thinking, communication, teamwork and relationship management and customer focus;
- Strong planning and organization skills and a demonstrated ability to achieve excellent results under time pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary and international teams.
- Ability to cope with pressure and deadlines;
- Excellent technical writing skills;
- An excellent command of the English language is required; knowledge of other member state language is an asset.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A variable bonus plan
- A mobility budget
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- A yearly personal innovations budget
Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.