Working on the challenges of tomorrow!
Are you passionate about the design of ships, Yachts and commercial vessels? Do you dream of bringing more innovation into the maritime industry? Are you driven by getting the best out of yourself and your colleagues? Then join the Dutch maritime department of Altran and contribute to our ambition to become a market leading engineering partner for the Maritime industry in Europe.
We are looking for candidates with a Mechanical background and Structural knowledge within the maritime industry, with a sound knowledge of marine systems and regulations. This role will suit you, if you are looking to contribute with your thorough experience, further develop your skills within a friendly atmosphere where your career development is strongly supported.
What you will be doing
- Actualize concepts in to basic design, scantlings
,and release class drawings
- Implement performance documents and class dwgs. In to 3D detail design
- Review and secure 3D models/dwgs. for inconsistencies and errors before entering the production phase
- Redo 3D models in to workshop dwgs, material list, and nesting
- Cooperate closely with shipyards to optimize construction/building kits
What you bring
- BSc. or MSc. degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within yacht and shipbuilding
- High advanced skills with 2D/3D CAD packages such as AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, Veristar, FEM, Siemens NX, Catia and Cadmatic
- Basic skills of CFD software is an advantage
- Knowledge of class rules is a direct benefit
- Long experience with shipyard workshops
- Strong organizational qualities, quality mind-set, analytical thinking and stress resistance
- Understanding of the material manufacturing processes is needed
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, and preferably Dutch
What we offer you
- A contract of a year, with the possibility of a permanent contract
- A variable bonus plan
- Company car or mobility budget
- Extensive internal training and development programs
- Working for the greatest companies in the maritime industry
The Maritime division of Altran consists of 100 + professionals. We are highly involved in various projects and operate within various engineering disciplines such as: Structural, Mechanical/Piping, Outfitting, and interior/exterior design. Our responsibility lies in the range from concept phase all the way to industrialization phase. This in close collaboration with customers, Project Managers, Design, Purchasing, and Work Preparation departments. Due to the high specifications that advanced ships have to meet, projects have to be carried out by multidisciplinary teams and have to satisfy the increasingly more challenging demands of our customers. Our Maritime division is dedicated in achieving one single goal: the delivery of technical excellence.