Working on the challenges of tomorrow!
Are you passionate about the design of ships, Yachts and commercial vessels? Do you dream of bringing more innovation into the maritime industry? Are you driven by getting the best out of yourself and achieving the set goals? Then join the Dutch maritime department of Altran and contribute to our ambition to become a market leading engineering partner for the Maritime industry in Europe.
We are looking for candidates with a Mechanical background and Structural knowledge for the maritime industry. This role would suit you, if you are looking to further develop your skills within a friendly atmosphere and where your career development is strongly supported.
What will you do?
- Actualize concepts in to basic design, scantlings, and release class drawings.
- Implementation of performance documents and class dwgs. In to 3D detail design.
- Review and secure 3D models/dwgs. for inconsistencies and errors before entering the production phase.
- Redo 3D models in to workshop dwgs, material list, and nesting.
- Provide clients with engineering solutions, technical guidance, and support.
- Maintaining contact with internal/external stakeholders, classification bureaus, suppliers, etc.
- You undertake trainings for any new relevant skills that you need.
What do you bring?
- or MSc. degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or equivalent.
- Documented experience from work in the Yacht industry and/or commercial vessels.
- Skills with 2D/3D CAD packages such as Siemens NX, Nupas Cadmatic.
- Knowledge of class rules is a pre.
- Organizational qualities, quality mind-set, analytical thinking and stress resistance.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, and preferably Dutch.
- EU work permit is required
What do we offer?
- A contract of a year, with the possibility of a permanent contract.
- Profit sharing and a variable bonus plan.
- Company car or mobility budget.
- Extensive internal training and development programs.
- Working for the greatest companies in the maritime industry.
The Maritime division of Altran consists of 100 + professionals. We are highly involved in various projects and operate within various engineering disciplines such as: Structural, Mechanical/Piping, Outfitting, and interior/exterior design. Our responsibility lies in the range from concept phase all the way to industrialization phase. This in close collaboration with customers, Project Managers, Design, Purchasing, and Work Preparation departments. Due to the high specifications that advanced ships have to meet, projects have to be carried out by multidisciplinary teams and have to satisfy the increasingly more challenging demands of our customers. Our Maritime division is dedicated in achieving one single goal: the delivery of technical excellence.