Are you willing to get the best out of yourself and your team? Are you a Mechanical Engineer with a huge passion for high-tech products and mechanical product architecture? Then join Altran Netherlands as a Mechanical Architect!
We are looking for an Innovation Maker with in-depth knowledge of mechanical development of high precision products. You will be involved in exciting projects, varying from concept and product development to the follow up and realization of those products. You will expand your expertise by working closely with our clients to make innovation matter.
In the role of Mechanical Architect you are responsible for the product architecture of precision mechanics with fixed and rotating components in a B2B setting.
More duties in this role are:
- Translating the product requirements into mechanical concepts in a multidisciplinary, cross-site and international quality team;
- Analysis of customer requirements and ensure they are implemented in the concept, you will also break down the system level requirements into lower level/subsystem requirements;
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products;
- Improving the team performance by sharing your knowledge; you are a coach for junior engineers;
- Being a sparring partner for management and highly involved in the technical implementation of the strategic plan for the unit.
Skills and qualifications
You feel comfortable in an international environment and want to perform. You are flexible and you understand structure and processes quickly. You are someone who makes contact easily and knows how to prioritize.
What else do we expect?
- A Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar;
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical development of complex high-tech products and you have coordinated several (sub-)projects;
- Knowledge of production techniques, common manufacturing processes and materials like sheet metal, plastic injection molding, machining, die casting, etc.;
- You are able to balance business needs with quality requirements;
- Being familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD (Siemens NX);
- Skills to proof the design by means of calculations/ simulations;
- Speak English fluently, the Dutch language is highly preferred;
- A permanent residence in the Netherlands, or you are a EU-citizen.
What do we offer?
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary;
- Profit sharing and a variable bonus plan;
- A lease car;
- Extensive internal training programs for the advancement of your professional and personal growth;
- Very professional yet social work environment, with regularly organized tech and social events and trips.
Are you ready to become an Innovation Maker?