Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Multidisciplinary Project Coordinator under the direct authority of the Head of the ESTEC Facility Management (FM) Infrastructure Section, and he/she shall be responsible for the coordination of FM general purpose infrastructure projects.
What you will do
- Preparation of programme of requirements for the initiation of projects, of project initiation documents and project plans including forecast about budget and manpower resource needs, of statements of works and technical description, of feasibility studies and business cases, and the request and delivery of the necessary permits;
- Preparation and active support to the ESA Technical Officer in the procurement of general purpose infrastructure activities including the preparation of tender documents including technical specifications, the participation in tender evaluation boards, the review of tender offers, the negotiation and selection of contractors for the execution of the activities;
- Reviewing conceptual studies, technical experts’ inputs and/or engineering studies (e.g. concept designs, preliminary designs, technical notes, …) related to general purpose infrastructure projects or related to the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities which are outsourced to an external company;
- Ensuring the proper coordination and execution of general purpose infrastructure project activities by outsourced contractors, including the monitoring of all related activities, the compliance to the applicable norms and legislations, the compliance to the project requirements and schedule, the organisation and reporting of project reviews, the control of the performance of the contractors, the maintenance of a project library and documentation, the follow- up/coordination of changes to the project scope, and the review of payments;
- Coordinating the commissioning and acceptance of the works upon project delivery, preparing the close-out of the projects, including the follow up of eventual non-conformance items, preparing acceptance certificates, reviewing and archiving ‘as-built’ documentation;
- The post holder could be led to temporarily take over the coordination of activities of another project coordinator, during his/her absence. The post holder shall therefore be capable to understand and follow the activities carried out by the pool of project coordinators within the section.
What you will bring
- The ideal candidate has a Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Architecture, Civil Engineering or in Mechanical Facilities Engineering or in Electrical Engineering;
- a substantial experience (minimum 4 years) and a proven capability in building construction and/or building maintenance or in the coordination of Facility Management projects;
- Sound analytical skills e.g. be able to analyse any technical issue or infrastructure installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair;
- An experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and of international procurement methodology would be an asset.
- Good planning and organisational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field
For more information about this opportunity please contact Sara Sacco at firstname.lastname@example.org or +39 3426673399