Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as PA and Safety Engineer in The Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality of ESA. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The candidate will Support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
What you will do
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations
- Supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly review boards as necessary.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- Supporting Security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
What you will bring
- A Master’s degree in Engineering
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Gained at least 10 years of proven experience in the Space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of:
- Configuration management of complex systems and software engineering and PA in critical applications;
- ECSS standards.
- Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.