Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Performance Simulation Engineer in The Engineering and Scientific Support to Earth Observation Directorate of ESA. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The candidate will contribute to all aspects (project internal activities, monitoring/review of the relevant industrial activities, interaction with Mission Users and Scientists, interaction with Eumetsat) relevant to the mission performance of the S4/S5 mission as well support Head of EOP-PEP in the definition and promotion of generic approach and processes relevant to E2E Mission Performance Chain in coordination with other Mission Performance Engineers.
He/She will report both to the S4/S5 Ground Segment Engineer as well as to the Head of EOP-PEP Office for the horizontal tasks.
What you will do
- Support the verification of mission and system level requirements in the areas of Mission observation and Data products;
- Support the procurement and acceptance of S4/S5 simulator, Ground Processor Prototype (GPP) and reference processors;
- Maintain mission performance tools to support the assessment of the relevant industrial development activities;
- Support the payload team for aspects relevant to instrument performance requirements flow-down and instrument performance verification;
- Follow up with industry the specification, procurement, verification/validation and acceptance activities for Simulator and GPP;
- Acquire working knowledge of tools for test data generation purposes and internal mission level verification activities;
- Verify, re-condition and generate any data at CCSDS level or higher needed to support these activities;
- Support the preparation, execution and analysis of the relevant in-flight cal/val operations during the commissioning phase;
- Interface with EUMETSAT Operational Ground Segment for Requirement definition and reviews of the Ground processor aspects;
- Support cross-verification activities with the operational ground segment against the Ground Processor Prototype and Reference Processors;
- Review and maintain the standards and documentation in MS Word, Powerpoint and HTML relevant to E2E Mission Performance activity developed within EOP;
- support and/or develop cross platform sw toos (OSX, Windows, Unix) related to the implementation of these standards;
- Proactively interface with stakeholder within EOP to gather further requirements or evolution of process;
- Coordinate the development of internal repository and tools (e.g. redmine websites, sharepoint) to support cooperative working within EOP on these aspects.
What you will bring
- University degree (at least Master’s degree) or equivalent qualification in a relevant physical science, software or engineering subject.
- Demonstrated background and experience in managing/following software developments in a space project environment.
- Solid analytical skills, a proactive and flexible attitude, together with the capability to critically analyze the work performed by industry in the relevant areas, quickly identify the problems and propose/instigate corrective actions.
- The candidate should also be able to organize and conduct meetings with different parties, assertively presenting results and facilitating convergence on technical aspects.
- The candidate shall demonstrate to be proficient with programming tools and languages relevant to the implementation and maintenance of the simulators and GPPs (e.g. C, C++, Java and Python) and at ease with modern build systems.
- Knowledge in managing and configuration of cooperative environment (redmine, confluence, jira, etc) and in manipulating CCSDS data is an asset.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.