We are living in exponential times. Today’s markets are shaken up by organizations with new surprising products and services, innovative business models, aggressive marketing strategies and innovative ways of organizing and managing by claiming a market despite existing market leaders. Software is the big driver behind this innovation that enables the mentioned disruptive changes. A company’s chance of survival increasingly depends on its capability to improve products and services faster and at lower cost, all enabled by software driven innovations. Altran helps our customers to be successful by improving their engineering capacities and secure their existence in the market. We transform organizations to embrace innovation and to realize it in a systematic manner. Altran’s offerings are carefully designed to ensure organizations can deliver their services and products with a shorter time to market and market demands are met.
What will you be doing?
Altran believes Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) is the next revolutionary step in software engineering that brings the required productivity increase and predictable quality that’s required today. MDE is a software development methodology that focuses on creating and applying (domain-specific) models to support or drive the engineering process. Stakeholders collaborate to develop a (software) system by communicating and sharing models. In contrary to documents, models are process able and are be used to generate documentation, production- and test code from the models. Additionally, models allow to validate and verify the system even before it’s being built. This approach ensures the time-to-market and quality increase demands our clients face today are met, especially for our customers in the high-tech industry.
For our Expertise Center Modeling & Simulation, we are looking for best of breed (software) engineers, designers and architects. This expertise center is a dedicated organization within Altran, responsible for developing, marketing, selling and delivering a portfolio of high-value asset-based offers & solutions related to the field of modeling and simulation.
You will be the ambassador, consultant and pro-active first-line support in the adoption and application of highly customized domain specific modeling tools developed by Altran and/or (commercial) off-the-shelf modeling tools, to solve the functional complexity our clients in the high-tech industry are facing every day. After having mastered the client’s use case and problems being faced, you will lead the way and explain how the available modeling tools can be effectuated to satisfy all stakeholders. Your job will be to build-up and flourish a user community at the client that in the end determines the success of modeling tools adoption and a fluent transition to a model-centric engineering process.
Are you an expert in the field of model-driven engineering and know everything there is to modeling tools? Do you want to be part of the next step in software engineering? Then there is the possibility to further strengthen this expertise team!
What you will bring;
- MSc degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another technical degree.
- Excellent ability in conceptual thinking and be able to reason at different levels of abstraction.
- Have extensive expertise of and experience in applying (commercial) of the shelf model-driven engineering tools in an industrial setting, preferably at clients in the high-tech industry. Knowledge of Verum ASD/Dezyne or Matlab/Simulink are an advantage.
- Ability to quickly master a technical domain and understand use cases being implemented.
- Have an excellent and broad experience in software engineering, outstanding knowledge of traditional software engineering techniques and methods.
- Excellent communication skills required to communicate with a wide range of (non-software) stakeholders, most particularly managers and project leaders.
- Helper type that can take initiative, is flexible and wants to take ownership
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
What we offer you;
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary.
- An individual and collective bonus.
- Extensive training via the MDE trail in the Altran Academy.
- An innovation budget and access to our InnovationLAB where you can start your own hobby project with equipment such as an oscilloscope, 3D printer and laser cutter.
- Plenty of trips, drinks, knowledge nights, pizza sessions and LAN parties.
At Altran it's all about innovations. Do you also want to work with our customers to create and develop new products and services? Please use the button below or contact Estelle van Soolingen at firstname.lastname@example.org