Working on the challenges of tomorrow!
Are you a technical generalist within the shipbuilding industry ready to work as a Project Engineer Shipbuilding for special ships? Would you like to work for the most innovative projects in the shipbuilding market? If you want to work on mechanical, shipbuilding and piping engineering at the same time, you just found your next career opportunity! Join the Dutch maritime department of Altran Engineering and contribute to our ambition to become a market leading engineering partner for the Maritime industry in Europe. The fact that you will not land on a paved path, but will help to design and build it, has to excite you!
We are looking for a Project Engineer Shipbuilding, who will work on the piping, mechanical and shipbuilding disciplines of very special, equipped ships. You will be responsible for the basic engineering based on specifications, but you will also act as a Project Engineer, taking care of equipment selection and purchasing orders.
What will you do?
- Setting up the specifications related to marine systems, ship structure, piping, and (structural) components on the ships.
- Set up the 3D model based on relevant information and specifications.
- Making /checking calculations related to flow, pressure of fluids and gases and dimensions of piping and equipment.
- Check and supervise detail engineering and 2D production drawings.
- Cooperate with other engineers for equipment selection and purchasing orders.
What do you bring?
- You have experience in Piping & Mechanical or Hydraulic Engineering, preferably within the shipbuilding or offshore.
- You have wide experience with calculations (flow of fluids, gases and the determining of the components) and Mechanical Engineering.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You have a relevant University, Higher or Intermediate Vocational Studies degree.
What do we offer?
- A contract of a year, with the possibility of a permanent contract.
- Extensive internal training and development programs.
- Working for the greatest companies in the maritime industry.
The Maritime division of Altran Engineering consists of 85 + professionals. We are highly involved in various projects and operate within various engineering disciplines such as: Structural, Mechanical/Piping, Outfitting, and interior/exterior design. Our responsibility lies in the range from concept phase all the way to industrialization phase. This in close collaboration with customers, Project Managers, Design, Purchasing, and Work Preparation departments. Due to the high specifications that advanced ships have to meet, projects have to be carried out by multidisciplinary teams and have to satisfy the increasingly more challenging demands of our customers. Our Maritime division is dedicated in achieving one single goal: the delivery of technical excellence.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply by clicking on the yellow button and upload your CV and cover letter!