Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Radiation Effects Engineer in The Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality. The Radiation Effects Engineer will report to the head of the Component Space Evaluation and Radiation Effects Section. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Main duties will include:
- Providing support to the Agency’s Projects in the field of EEE component Radiation Hardness Assurance.
- Preparing and conducting radiation tests campaigns including developing test set-up and subsequent data analysis (with emphasis on TID, DD and SEE) on EEE components, test structures and materials in support of Agency’s projects, studies, evaluation, qualification or radiation hardening activities;
- Defining relevant radiation studies, experimental and development activities (also including in- flight component radiation characterization experiments); to initiate and manage such activities implemented under ESA contracts;
- Supporting the sections’ standardization activities, particularly those involving general Radiation Hardness Assurance procedures, irradiation test guidelines (SEE, TID and Displacement Damage), modelling and simulation issues.
Conducting simulations of radiation effects in components and materials using suitable device physics based SW-tools and to produce new or improve existing models;
Coordinating such activities with internal and external partners and promoting the results achieved in the form of publications, presentation and training to be provided;
Specific Qualification Requirements:
The ideal candidate has:
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or (solid state) physics as well as substantial experience in the field of radiation effects on semiconductor components and all aspects of irradiation testing, at least 4 years.
- Experience with SEE rate prediction tools and have sufficient knowledge of the space environment to correctly employ these tools.
- Demonstrate familiarity with shielding analysis tools (sectoring and 3D MonteCarlo based), device physics simulation tools, modern programming techniques, modelling and simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation hardening and software engineering practices.
- Basic knowledge of component engineering and product assurance principles and modelling / simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation
- Work permit for The Netherlands
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.