Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Safety Engineer in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality area, under the Organizational Unit TEC-QI – Independent Safety Office. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
- Support the ESA Safety Review Panel chairman in the conduct of ESA safety reviews for the certification of International Space Station systems and payloads;
- Provide technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and the preparation of the safety review data package;
- Perform ESA Safety Review Panel secretarial tasks for data package distribution, reviews planning and logistics, collection of reviewers inputs, issue of official ESRP minutes of meeting ensuring that they are executed according to the process requirements in SSP 30599 and the complementary ESA processes;
- Perform preliminary assessment of safety data package readiness for review;
- Track and process action items responses and safety verifications closeouts;
- Upload of documentation in NASA and ESA databases;
- Assess safety analyses and safety compliance data packages prepared by cargo items providers (industrial contractors, experimenters, National Agencies, ISS commercial users) and provide detailed written feedback;
- Support ESA in the review of ISS Change Requests relevant to Safety requirements;
- Execute any other safety engineering related task upon request of the ESA Technical Responsible;
- Provide support to the ESRP Chairperson for the aspect associated to resolution of technical issues and conduction of safety reviews;
- Prepare weekly report on the executed safety engineering activities.
What you will bring
- Experience in the design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- Hands-on knowledge of the safety analyses and methodologies;
- Experience in human spaceflight safety with emphasis on the application of ISS safety requirements and processes and knowledge of ISS systems, subsystems and payloads would be an asset;
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment;
- Understanding of the hazards which are intrinsic of a system and /or induced by space operations, and the way they are eliminated or controlled;
- Knowledge of the way safety data are generated, validated and retained in support of the ISS programme safety certification;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices is an advantage;
- Capacity to handle complex situations and complex environment;
- Knowledge of system safety engineering principle, methods and processes.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A variable bonus plan
- A mobility budget
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- A yearly personal innovations budget
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.