As a Senior Engineer in Yacht Interiors, you will be working within the Interior Department on mega and super yacht engineering projects.
Depending on the size and scope of the project, you may take part to the Front End Engineering, and/or the Detail Engineering of accommodations for the crew, the owner and the guests.
During the Front End Engineering, you will contribute to finalise the General Arrangements and the preliminary drawings and 3D models for each cabin/area.
During the Detail Engineering, you will be responsible for the preparation of production drawings and 3D models for the shipyard and/or subcontractors.
You will liaise with other departments and suppliers/subcontractors to ensure that:
- all technical issues are properly addressed and the 3D model is free from collisions
- all the equipment (eg lights, speakers, Fire-fighting) has been properly integrated
- plenums and ventilation grills/slots have been properly designed
- inspection and maintenance hatches are provided
You will liaise with the architect to ensure that technical solutions are approved, and that all the stylistic elements are included in the production drawings. You shall expect to work in team, providing technical guidance to junior colleagues, ensuring the quality of deliverables and monitoring the plan.
- Bachelor in Interior Design/Yacht Design/Architecture/Product Design;
- 7+ years of work experience in engineering/construction of Yachts (preferably above 24 m) or passenger ships;
- Work experience in Interiors Basic Design and Detail Engineering;
- Drawings for Class and shipyard (floorplans, elevations, ceilings);
- Understanding of:
- General Arrangements
- Fire protection plans
- Installation plans (HVAC, AV-IT)
- Safety Plans
- Knowledge of applicable class rules (LY3, PYC, Lloyds, Bureau Veritas)
- Siemens Nx 3D modelling and 2D drafting or similar (Catia, Solidworks)
- Ability to lead a small team (4 to 6 engineers) providing:
- Technical guidance
- Review and approve drawings
- Plan activities and monitor progress
- You have a permanent Dutch residence or EU-citizenship
- You have an excellent level (spoken/written) in English, and preferably also in Dutch and German.
What do we offer?
- A contract, remuneration and benefits that fit your seniority and track record
- Laptop, car/mobility budget, excellent pension scheme
- The possibility to develop your career and grow as a thought leader and influencer in the automotive market
- Working in a truly innovative environment, for and with the greatest companies in the automotive industry
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.
Ready to ignite your career?
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link below!