Altran is a world leader in R&D and engineering consulting. In more than 20 countries, we work side by side with our customers to create and develop new products and services. Innovation is our guiding principle, with which we lead in a world where change is a constant factor. In the Netherlands we also bring the most complex and innovative projects of our customers to life. More than 800 consultants use their expertise every day to improve the performance of our customers. We are proud to say that we are the partner in the field of technical innovation and process improvement.
For our project in an advanced research center, were aiming to realize a quantum computer and quantum networks.
To realize our goals, our project is organized into roadmaps, where the roadmap is responsible for the goal of quantum networks. Communication networks – connecting a vast number of devices anywhere on earth using classical communication – have had a revolutionary impact on our world. The long term vision of the roadmap is to build and apply fundamentally new network technology by enabling quantum communication between any two points on earth. At short distances, such networks provide a scalable path to building truly large scale quantum computing systems by networking small quantum processors into one big quantum computing cluster. At long distances, a Quantum Internet will – in synergy with the ‘classical’ internet that we have today – connect quantum processors at a distance in order to achieve unparalleled capabilities that are provably impossible using classical communication.
We are working on realizing a small scale test network linking both simple quantum equipment capable of enabling cryptographic applications such as secure communication, as well as sophisticated quantum processing devices across several Dutch cities in 2020. It has the technological know-how enabling early stage networks in metropolitan areas such as the Randstad, and the ambition to bring this technology to a practical reality. We have a young, ambitious, fast moving team determined to be the first to achieve a technological goal akin to the first moon landing. We are now seeking several software engineers to join us in this exciting endeavor.
Software Engineering Position
You will work in a team to implement software enabling Quantum technology, including the 2020 test network.
• Experienced (4+ years) in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, in various software architectures
• Fluency in object oriented programming languages, preferably Python, C++ and Java
• Software design methods – e.g. UML and tools
• Degree in computer science
• Experience in refactoring and code reconstruction
• Knowledge of code quality measures
• Test engineering and automation frameworks
• Continuous Integration with Jenkins / GitHub & Travis-CI
• Knowledge of configuration management
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Affinity with maintenance/support; quality and service driven
• Comfortable to operate in a challenging and constantly changing environment
• Good command of the English language
• For this vacancy an EU work permit is required
• Good communication skills
• Experienced, working in research environment
General details of vacancy:
Professional and intellectual level: HBO+ (Post higher professional education)
Type of employment: temporary 1 year, with the intention of a permanent contract.
Working hours: 38-40 hours