Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Software Systems Engineer in The Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality. The Software Engineer will join the Software Technology section (TEC-SWT). He will be assigned to support the activities of the Ground Mission Segment Engineering and Elements Unit. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
- Support the consolidation and maintenance of the G1G/G2G ground segment requirement in line with the system baseline;
- Provide support and act as interface for updates to G1G/G2G ground segment applicable ICDs in co-ordination with Interface co-ordinators;
- Interface with System team on technical issues arising from segment technical notes dealing with G1G/G2G ground segment technical aspects;
- Process G1G/G2G ground segment Non-compliance, RFD, and RFWs;
- Contribute to G1G/G2G IVQ activities in support of the G1G/G2G ground segment AIV Manager;
- Follow up G1G/G2G ground segment design and implementation both at element and segment level, including SW architecture, performance aspects and HW/SW COTS selection;
- Assess the operability aspects of the G1G/G2G ground segment functions;
- Assess the Data Analysis functions of the Ground Segment;
- Provide technical support for the preparation, organization and management of all the G1G/G2G ground segment and system reviews;
- Participate, in Galileo-related reviews and technical evaluation boards, in particular contributing to G1G/G2G ground segment requirements consolidation and design reviews;
- Contribute to ESA procurement activities for G1G/G2G ground segment;
In performing these duties, the candidate is expected to interface closely with the Galileo Ground Segment Engineering Team, the Galileo System Engineering Team, the Galileo Security Office, the Operations Team, the related industrial teams and the Product Assurance Office.
In addition, he/she may have to support the definition and execution of activities of the Software Systems Division in his domain of expertise.
Since many of the activities will take place in industry or at operational sites, the candidate must be prepared to travel on a regular basis.
What you will bring
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master's degree or equivalent qualification in physics, electrical or aerospace engineering or a related field, together with at least 5 years' experience in system-level engineering, design and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in the Big Data technologies, such as databases, machine learning, natural language processing, visualization techniques is mandatory;
- Background and experience in navigation and security systems is desirable;
- Knowledge of ground segment and satellite operations and infrastructure is an important asset;
- Knowledge of ECSS standards is an asset.
Candidates are expected to have a proactive attitude to problem-solving, plus good planning and organisational skills. They should demonstrate responsible decision-making and be able to work and communicate effectively in a team setting.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.