Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as Software PA Support Engineer in The Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality of ESA. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
What you will bring
The ideal candidate has a Master's degree in Engineering, proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, and gained minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the field.
Experience on (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this position:
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner; other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean or Kanban).
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation and certification, ISO-27001.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
For this position, a work permit for The Netherlands is required.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.