Are you an experienced marine engineer/naval architect? Are you interested in working on one of the major marine projects in Europe? Are you driven by getting the best out of yourself and achieving goals? Then join the Dutch maritime department of Altran and contribute to our ambition to become a market leading engineering partner for the Maritime industry in Europe.
We are looking for a specification/requirements engineer who will be responsible for specification, selection and integration of mechanical systems. The scope encompasses all complex mechanical systems like propulsion, auxiliary systems and HVAC. You are available to work in Vlissingen.
What will you do:
- Gathering of relevant technical information of the mechanical systems;
- Dimensioning and sizing calculations;
- Writing of technical specifications based upon contract specification, regulations and applicable standards;
- Liaising with suppliers to determine final technical specifications;
- Preparation of purchase orders in cooperation with the purchasing department;
- Final inspection at suppliers;
- Technical support to the yard during installation, commissioning and trials;
- Maintaining procedures and ensure compliance with regulations.
What do you bring:
- A technical degree preferably in marine engineering at BSc. or MSc. level;
- Solid experience as a mechanical engineer within the maritime industry;
- Decisive and structured way of working;
- Able to identify issues and prioritize tasks;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to carry out tasks self-sufficiently;
- Good command of German and English both verbal and written, the Dutch language is highly preferred;
- Due to the nature of the activities (in the Naval domain) security restrictions apply, therefor this position is open to EU passport holders only.
What do we offer?
- A contract in accordance with Altran policies;
- Performance based bonus scheme and benefits (eg mobility budget);
- Internal training and development programs;
- The opportunity to work for the major companies in the maritime industry.