We call ourselves Innovation Makers
Why? It is not just because it is one of our corporate values, it is also about our innovative approaches. We strive for innovation and transform the most creative ideas into concrete projects to exceed customer expectations. At Altran, we attach great importance to excellence, care, responsibility, dynamics and innovation. Do you want to be part of an international community and work with high-tech software that shapes the technological challenges of tomorrow? Then join Altran now!
What we ask
As a System Architect, you are responsible for the successful definition of our products under development.
The system architect works from a multidisciplinary engineering field and translates the goals and requirements for the products and programs under development into modern system design. You define the technologies, the system architecture, the components with their interfaces and sets the technical directions for the associated engineering development teams. As system architect you are the main contact point for the products under development, working closely together with our software architects, hardware architects, mechanical experts and product owners. The development is done in multi-disciplinary teams possibly across multiple sites in Europe / worldwide.
In addition to analytical skills, you will need excellent communication skills to convince and inspire software engineers, hardware architects and engineers and senior management. Altran delivers state of the art products, achieve impressive results and improving on these engineering feats requires commitment, enthusiasm and leadership.
As Altran we develop products for our customers who sell them to their customers. Through time and especially because of the complexity of the products of our clients the real added value of most products is accomplished by the incorporated software in these products. This evolution makes that a system architect at Altran NL will need excellent software engineering skills.
- Responsible for the system and software architecture and design choices for products under development on system and subsystem level. Closely collaborating with other engineering teams to satisfy the main customer needs. System specifications, lead times and development costs are the key factors.
- Define the functional system and software behavior of the system and contribute to an optimal infrastructure of the software and hardware development, equipment, systems and quality aspects.
- Contribute from a system and software discipline to the definition and specification of products in order to achieve an optimal balance between market requirements and technical specifications within the constraints of time and budget.
- Responsible for the system / software system performance, and closely connected to verification and qualification.
- Discuss technical issues with specialists from various disciplines (software, hardware, data acquisition, mechanics, optics) on content.
- Lead software technical reviews and manage technical software issues, internal and from subcontractors.
- Proven experience to design software with a very high degree of reliability in a production environment.
- Thorough knowledge of software integration and software reuse.
- Having an open mind set to proactively help improving our processes, methods and techniques.
- Maintain external relationship networks with suppliers in the manufacturing industry in the region at the relevant field of software development.
What do we expect from you?
- A completed technical HBO / WO course in Computer Sciences, electrical engineering, system engineering or similar;
- At least 7-10 years of relevant work experience in a comparable role;
- Practical knowledge in the field of system engineering, software engineering and knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines;
- Thorough knowledge and / or certification in Agile SCRUM methods;
- Good Dutch and English written and oral communication skills;
- Enjoys working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
What do we offer?
- A permanent contract and a competitive salary;
- A lease car or mobility budget;
- An individual and collective bonus;
- We organize knowledge sessions, customized training courses, workshops etc.
- Freedom of choice to choose your own projects and determine your career path
Altran is a global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting and supports companies in creating and developing new products and services. We are active in the Dutch market with various expertise. At Altran it's all about innovations. We provide innovative answers to the major challenges of the moment. We work on developments that appeal to your inspiration and talent! Altran, Making Innovations matter