Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate will operate as System Eng. for Exploration Scenario in the Technical Support to Human Space Flight & Exploration Directorate of ESA. The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
The contractor shall support to the Exploration, Preparation and Research Technology Team with following tasks:
- Leading/supporting the implementation of ESA internal and industrial system definition studies at Phase 0/A/(B1) level, including associated payload and technology development activities, preparing future European activities and projects in the field of human and robotic exploration, addressing missions to Low Earth Orbit, Moon or Mars.
- Interfacing with study scientists and study science teams
- Developing and maintaining key-driving requirements for future ESA development activities for exploration missions at mission, architecture, system and technology level in line with the HRE strategy.
- Monitoring international plans in the field of exploration and supporting, through interactions with international partners, the definition and analysis of future international exploration mission scenarios and associated technology requirements.
- Supporting activities organized by HRE in the field of exploration (workshops, round tables. etc.) and establishing/maintaining HRE databases related to Exploration activities.
- Contributing to the diffusion of the results of the performed activities and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency.
- Supporting HRE for other mission definition-related tasks, as required.
What you will bring
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in physics or engineering.
- Knowledge of human and robotic exploration programmes.
- Strong analytical skills and a system-mindset.
- At least four years relevant experience working in planetary mission systems engineering is required. Experience of minimum 4 years in space missions systems engineering is desirable.
- Experience in mission analyses and trade-offs and/or electric propulsion mission design is considered an asset.
- Good analytical, organisational and reporting skills,
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary and international team
- Ability to cope with pressure and deadlines.
- Proactive attitude to problem-solving and interest in innovative technologies.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA Member State language is an asset.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field