Altran is the global leader in Engineering and R&D services. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. Altran is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC.
The candidate we are looking for will operate as System Modelling and Simulation Engineer in The Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality of ESA. His duty station will be the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
What you will do
- Modelling of systems (including spacecraft, ground segment and other required auxiliary systems).
- Elaboration, development and promotion of tools for distributed and collaborative engineering.
- Support for mission simulation, science operations planning and scheduling and experiment operations verification.
- Elaboration, development and promotion of the concept of generic simulation testbeds (such as ATB), applicable for different projects, including preparation and promotion of relevant standards.
- Real-time simulation infrastructure and tools based on different platforms, including LINUX environments. This infrastructure can support both hardware-in-the-loop and man-in-the-loop simulation.
- Support to ESA project teams in activities related to the procurement of EGSE for space systems, subsystems and instruments including preparation of requirement specifications, monitoring of industrial activities, acceptance of industrial products and participation in project reviews.
- Support to ESA project teams in activities related to the development of space system database software and utilization including support to specification, architecture, implementation, software problem solving, exchange and interfaces with external systems, data modelling verification of consistency and completeness of data, compliance with technical documentation, project reviews.
- Visualisation and graphical user interaction on different levels, including MMI design, parameter visualization, and up to high-end 3-D real-time, interactive and immersive visualisation systems, also known as Virtual Reality (VR) simulation. Develop, integrate and maintain VR applications and the related technology.
- Maintenance of the EGSE- SCOS based reference facility and Space System Database reference facility to support prototyping of new technology; standards validation and evaluation of industrial methods and tools.
- Participation in the definition of standards for ground system and operations, electrical test facilities and modelling and simulation in the context of ECSS and ESA internal standardisation.
What you will bring
- The ideal candidate has a Master's degree in Engineering, proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, and gained minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience within software engineering, software design and configuration control methods, tools and standards.
- Knowledge of real-time software and Object Oriented design methods, databases and most common operating system (Windows, Corba, Linux, Unix, etc.).
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering.
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field
For more information about this opportunity please contact Sara Sacco at firstname.lastname@example.org or +39 3426673399