Do you believe that technology can make a big impact on business and society? Are you a Thermal Engineer with a huge passion for spacecraft systems? Do you want to help shaping the development of Europe’s space project work? Then join our team of Innovation Makers as a Thermal Control System Engineer!
Altran Italy is looking for a Thermal Control System Engineer to be involved in the Aviation, Space & Defense (ASD) Division in The Netherlands. The candidate we are looking for will operate in the Engineering Support to the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality of ESA.
What you will do
- Provide support to the Agency in the thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification area) related to the sections thermal control activities.
- Provide support to ESA projects, including CDF activities, interface with the project team, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Support the thermal control activities (project support and R&D activities) of the Section in the area of his/her specialization.
- Build geometrical and thermal models, perform relevant analyses, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all work performed.
- Support the maintenance and upgrading of thermal mathematical models.
- Support thermal verification test campaigns for ongoing ESA projects by performing/reviewing test procedures, test predictions and test correlations and attend the tests if required.
- Support European standardization activities
- Make regular progress reports.
What you will bring
- Master’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Strong background in thermal modelling and analysis as well as thermal spacecraft design and verification
- Good knowledge or experience in spacecraft system aspects
- Experience with thermal analysis tools, e.g. ESATAN-TMS
- Good knowledge of the English language
What we will offer
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A variable bonus plan
- A mobility budget
- Flexible secondary conditions
- Extensive training programs through our Altran Academy
- A yearly personal innovations budget
As global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting, we work side by side with our clients in the creation and development of new products and services. We are on the cutting edge of technology and have established ourselves as the go-to partner for technical innovation and process improvement. Altran is proud to be the leader in its field.