WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Altran believes Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) is the next revolutionary step in software engineering that brings the required productivity increase and predictable quality that’s required today. MDE is a software development methodology that focuses on creating and applying (domain-specific) models to drive the engineering process.
Domain knowledge is optimally leveraged to create abstractions of the system being developed at a level that cannot be matched with traditional software engineering techniques. Using these abstractions, communication between (non-software) stakeholders is seamless, the system can be validated and verified before it has been built and significant steps of the engineering process are automated. This approach ensures the time-to-market and quality increase demands our clients face today are met. This is achieved by developing domain specific modeling tools and code generators that are seamlessly integrated in the engineering process and highly tailored for the engineer to execute his daily job.
For our Expertise Center Modeling & Simulation, we are looking for a tool smith model driven engineering. This expertise center is a dedicated organization within Altran, responsible for developing, marketing, selling and delivering a portfolio of high-value asset-based offers & solutions related to the field of modeling and simulation.
You will contribute to the development of domain specific modeling tools and customized code generators in a self-organizing Agile team, primarily working with the frameworks offered by the Eclipse Modeling Project . Eclipse Modeling Project includes a state-of-the-art open-source ecosystem for the development of modeling languages, textual and graphical editors, model transformations and code generators.
Are you an expert in the field of model-driven engineering and do you want to be part of the next step in software engineering? Then there is the possibility to further strengthen this expertise team!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU;
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary
- An individual and collective bonus
- Extensive training via the MDE trail in the Altran Academy.
- Knowledge sharing sessions with out innovation group MDE
- An innovation budget and access to our InnovationLAB where you can start your own hobby project with equipment such as an oscilloscope, 3D printer and laser cutter.
- Plenty of trips, drinks, knowledge nights, pizza sessions and LAN parties
At Altran it's all about innovations. Do you also want to work with our customers to create and develop new products and services? Please use the button below or contact Estelle van Soolingen at email@example.com
WHAT YOU WILL BRING;
- MSc. degree in Physics, Mathematics specialized in software development, Computer Science or another technical degree;
- Have an excellent and broad experience in software engineering, outstanding knowledge of traditional software engineering techniques and methods;
- Knowledge of C++, Java
- Excellent ability in conceptual thinking and be able to reason at different levels of abstraction;
- Concrete work experience with model-driven engineering and domain-specific languages (eg. Xtext, Xtend, QVTo, EMF) Preferably based on frameworks from the Eclipse Modeling Project and Eclipse platform development;
- A healthy passion to work with state-of-the-art (open-source) technologies;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.